Lots of you already know about xGPS but this post is for newbies. xGPS is the "currently" only "not apple supported" navigation solution for Iphone. As usual of crappy apple, device has GPS and google maps but no navigation!! And does not work without internet connection! What is the point of having a GPS in the device some really wonders.
Anyhow Tomtom is making a satnav application for Iphone but of course like Adobe making flash player, it is still making... and still will be making I guess. Plus you will need to buy Tomtom deck and software inorder to use it.
Fortunately we have xGPS. Lets go with the xGPS in short bullet features.
- You need a jailbroken phone to use it
- It is FREE!
- It supports offline usage also meaning you do not need to be connected to the internet
- It is pretty accurate ( not as much as commercial SatNavs cos apple's internal GPS sucks like all of its features)
- You can also use it with external Iphone GPS mods and casings.
- You can download maps from google, meaning you are uptodate with free updates and do not need any map packs.
- Supports routing, rerouting, zooming, searching, history
- Provides graphical interface with voice instructions (only in english I guess)
- It also comes with a manager so you can download and manage maps from your pc to iphone wirelessly.
- Track your positions and create roadmaps
- It is just great for you in an unknown city
Features and all the details
- Launch Cydia
- Search for "xgps" (in modmyi repo) and install
- Have Fun!