I have just published the new, more robust, secure and easier to use ImHuman Api 2.0. Here are the bullet point facts.
- RESTful api.
- NO more flickr, image unavailable bullshit. All humanizers are settled in house from now on.
- No user, key or authentication needed (at least to use the api)
- No error Api, Api will make the decisions now and restful structure used in order to prevent curious attacks
- Flexible language support
So how do you utilize the new api? Just click http://api2.elxsy.com/getTest/3/en/ and that is it. This will fetch you a test struct, containing your word in english, your answer hash and 3 humanizers. Here is the output for one random test.
New API Rules in brief:
- minimum 3, maximum 9 humanizers. If you provide smaller than 3 will be defaulted to 3. If you provide more than 9, you will see 404
- API will decide on how many humanizers should be selected depending on the given count.
- currently en/fr/br/ru/pl supported but will add more upon request thanks to google translate
- I will update the API documentation and remove the unnecessary pages soonish
- I will implement the new humanizer selection and voting system into the public API page as well instead of elxsy
- The old API v1.0 will be functional till 1 month time. I will take down the API at mid April 2012. Please upgrade, doesn't require too much effort on your side.
- V1 is api.elxsy.com V2 is api2.elxsy.com, when v1 is depreceated v2 will become api as default
- V1 api served over 4 million humanizer test requests by the way and still serving