Dev Team did it again and released the ultrasn0w today finally. Here is simple steps to unlock your iphone and use with any sim card freely.
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Details can be found on the Dev Team Blog
Many of you guys are having problems during installation of installous. Although hackulo.us Repository is overloaded and causing errors, cydia is having problems also in iPhone OS 3.0. If you are receiving errors like below
- size mismatch ....
- Hash Sum ....
- iphoneguide.nl ...
- Cannot find executable
You can install Icy and continue installation from there. Icy is another application works like cydia but faster and more lightweight compared to cydia. Here are the steps to install Icy then Installous on the Iphone OS 3.0
- Launch Cydia
- Go to "Manage" then tap "Sources"
- Tap "Edit"
- Tap "Add"
- Type in http://apt.ripdev.com and Tap "Add Source"
- Search and Install "Icy"
- Go to Home screen and Launch "Icy"
- Tap "Sources" at the bottom
- Again Tap "Edit" then "Add"
- Type in http://cydia.hackulo.us and Tap "Add"
- Tap "Refresh" on top left
- Go to "Categories"
- Search for "Installous" and Install it