Sygic GPS navigation software turns your iPhone into a real-time, turn-by-turn voice guided navigation system.
Crystal-clear animated 3D maps, fast and intuitive address search, precise route calculation, lane assistant, signpost information, notifications about upcoming petrol stations and restaurants – Sygic Mobile Maps 2009 for iPhone - is featuring all of these innovations to guide you precisely to your destination.
All maps included
The package includes the latest maps from Whereis, the leading map provider. There are no monthly fees or hidden charges.
Smooth real-time guidance Since all maps are on your device, there is no need to download data from a cellular network. The navigation is smooth and free of any interruptions.
NAVIGON is introducing the first professional navigation solution for the iPhone!
Turn your iPhone into a first-rate navigation system with MobileNavigator. Try the feature for yourself and enjoy the excellent user control and superior design that allow simple and intuitive operating. The application includes the latest map material from the market leader NAVTEQ and can be used without an Internet connection, which is of enormous benefit abroad, for example, as no extra charges are incurred. With MobileNavigator you can turn your iPhone into an equally handy and convenient route guidance system.
Features and range of functions:
- 2D and 3D map displays
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise voice announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Reality View Pro (realistic display of motorway interchanges and exits)
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real signpost display
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- Day and night mode for map display
- Direct access and navigation to contacts saved in the iPhone's address book
- The latest NAVTEQ map material including more than two million (EU version) places of interest (POIs)
- Navigation is automatically resumed after an incoming phone call
- Quick access to user-defined POIs in the area and along the route
- Take Me Home function with a single click
- Automatic language selection to match the iPhone's user language
Lots of you already know about xGPS but this post is for newbies. xGPS is the "currently" only "not apple supported" navigation solution for Iphone. As usual of crappy apple, device has GPS and google maps but no navigation!! And does not work without internet connection! What is the point of having a GPS in the device some really wonders.
Anyhow Tomtom is making a satnav application for Iphone but of course like Adobe making flash player, it is still making... and still will be making I guess. Plus you will need to buy Tomtom deck and software inorder to use it.
Fortunately we have xGPS. Lets go with the xGPS in short bullet features.
- You need a jailbroken phone to use it
- It is FREE!
- It supports offline usage also meaning you do not need to be connected to the internet
- It is pretty accurate ( not as much as commercial SatNavs cos apple's internal GPS sucks like all of its features)
- You can also use it with external Iphone GPS mods and casings.
- You can download maps from google, meaning you are uptodate with free updates and do not need any map packs.
- Supports routing, rerouting, zooming, searching, history
- Provides graphical interface with voice instructions (only in english I guess)
- It also comes with a manager so you can download and manage maps from your pc to iphone wirelessly.
- Track your positions and create roadmaps
- It is just great for you in an unknown city